Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Monday

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Friday. It went surprisingly well. I recovered very quickly from the anesthesia and haven't experienced much pain at all, just a bit of soreness. The biggest problem I've faced has been from the effects of the drugs. The have made me quite drowsy, dizzy and disoriented (haha, 3 D's). I was able to drive to class today but I think that may have been a mistake. I have not been able to concentrate very well and I still feel a little disoriented. Hehheh, My mommy is going to drive me home after class.

Another problem that has arisen from all this is the fact that I haven't been able to focus on my school work much over the weekend. I had an Algebra assignment due today which was meant to be done in three parts. I finished the first two parts but not the third. My professor was only going to collect one of the parts to the assignment (don't ask me why he operates like this, I'm still trying to figure him out). I was completely distressed with the fact that I was unable to finish the last part when I knew that I had done so well for the first two parts. I prayed for God's mercy and that my professor would collect one of the first two assignments and not the last. I felt so guilty praying that though because I knew that it was my fault that the assignment was not complete, I should have finished it on Thursday before my surgery. I felt guilty but I still prayed for God's mercy. Well, God is good. When I arrived to class my professor announced that he would not be collecting the assignment until a later date. My mouth dropped. This was not what I prayed for but it was the perfect answer to my prayer for mercy. He has left me completely free of any feeling of guilt. I think God is trying to show me that he does have my best interest at heart and the he will take care of me, but also I need to step it up and do my part. He's given me a second chance. Praise the LORD for his mercy.

Peace Joy to you,

Miranda

1 comment:

Randy Turpin said...

Miranda, I remember what it was like when I had my wisdom teeth cut out of my head. You are definitely handling this much better than I did. Love, Dad