Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No Worries, Mate

I have been a fan of Clinton Anderson and his Downunder Horsemanship training methods since 2006.  I've watched his TV show with near religious dedication whenever I had access to RFDTV and I did my best to follow those methods as best I could when I was training my horse, Vega.  At the time I never had the money to go to any of his Walkabout tours or to purchase any of his training DVDs and so my training attempts were mediocre at best.  I firmly believe that if I had followed CA's methods consistently with Vega that I would not have had my accident... but that's all water under the bridge at this point.
Well, recently I've gotten back into watching Clinton Anderson's show and have read through all of his first book (Clinton Anderson's Downunder Horsemanship).  This has really gotten me motivated to use his method more seriously in my training of horses.  So yesterday I decided to join Clinton Anderson's No Worries Club, which is a subscription based club membership that provides it's members with support, endless training information, and special discounts on DUH products and events. Through the No Worries Club website I have access to all of the episodes of Clinton's TV show and an online forum for all the members. I've only had the membership for a two days now and I have already learned so much. I love it!

I also decided to purchase Clinton's new Fundamentals series which was just released yesterday. It is a little on the pricey side, but I think it is going to be well worth the money.  And since I am now a No Worries Club member I saved about $200 on it! It has over 28 hours of DVD footage, 15 training booklets called Arena Mates which are meant to act as field guides for training at the barn, and a 100 page full color horse training philosophy book. It will cover Round Penning, Ground Work, and Riding exercises. I am very excited about this and can not wait to get started with it.

I plan to use the Fundamental series as a guide and outline for the training video I plan to make myself. Just as a disclaimer, the video I plan to make will not be an instructional video, it will only be a demonstration video. I highly encourage anyone who wants to get involved with Downunder Horsemanship to buy the DVDs. Use my footage only as an example. I will also blog on here about my experience using the Fundamentals series so that you can decided for yourself if it is something you too would like to purchase.

Peace and Joy, Everyone! Keep chasing those dreams.

Miranda Joy Turpin

1 comment:

tiffany zajas said...

I'm so excited for you!